Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"A" Is For Apple...



"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."
Aristotle

The passing of every minute continues to betray my cool demeanor. I find myself continually stealing a glance at the clock every few seconds to reaffirm what I already know: my graduation ceremony is in about 6 hours. Granted, I have to be there a bit earlier to partake in a last minute rehearsal, but I still have time to calm my nauseated stomach.
I don't really have much to say about graduating, because it hasn't really sunk in yet, but when it does I'll be sure to report back with how it feels to know that never again will I have to put my head on the desk as a form of discipline. I'm 18, almost free and about to embark on the next stage of my life. Until then, I'll be watching YouTube videos and snacking on summer fruits. And you know what? This apple I'm eating really does taste sweeter.

Wish me luck,

S.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

trust me high school is as good as it gets =(

Anonymous said...

Chin up, things are never as bad as we let ourselves think they are. And if they really are, well we all end up dead anyways.

Always JK-ing,

S.

Post a Comment